Listen to each other –
learn from each other
Starting in the 2018/19 season, the Dual Orchestra Academy Thuringia, established by the Jenaer Philharmonie and the Theater und Philharmonie Thüringen GmbH with funding from the Free State of Thuringia, will offer an especially broad and diverse educational program to talented young musicians in the form of practical training at an academy. Students and university graduates can gather practical experience by participating in concerts and opera performances to gain two different professional perspectives; a 22-month scholarship will be awarded to the young musicians who are selected.
Acceptance into the Orchestra Academy carries with an average of fifteen services per month. The program is supplemented by additional courses in the area of repertoire studies, chamber music, preparing for auditions, coaching, teaching music, etc.
Services of the Academy
- Participation in orchestra rehearsals and performances
- A focus on orchestral concerts in Jena and opera in Altenburg and Gera
- Instruction from orchestra members as mentors
- Chamber music projects
- Audition and performance coaching
- Musician health
- Concert moderation
- Master classes with guest solists
- Master classes with the principal conductors and guest conductors